Welcome to our new website. Launching a new website to replace an older website requires a few important steps to be as successful as the old one. If you are considering a new replacement for your old website here are a few things to consider:
1. Review your visitor traffic, specifically your most frequently vised pages. From there you can analyze those pages and determine what information could be improved upon.
2. Keep a similar look and feel, but simplify! Our current website is good because there are no drop down menus and all the information can be accessed by one or two clicks. We are also keeping our branded colors but updating the overall feel of the website making it “lighter”.
3. Add something new! In our case we decided to add the top 5 or 6 questions that we were consistently asked over the past years right on our home page.
4. You probably know how important it is to have a website look good on any mobile device, so be sure you have a mobile responsive design and select specific items to show up on smaller devices. Like your location, important news, main services, store hours or coupons.
5. Last, but not least, be sure your web designer is creating 301 redirects from your existing indexed URL’s to your new ones. Submit a site map to Google webmaster’s tools.
Happy New Year – We wish you all a prosperous one!