“Is your website not doing well or loosing position in search engines?” Keeping yourself on top can be a nightmare for any business owner if you don’t know what to do or who to seek for advice. Below are few easy things you can do to make sure you are towards top of your Google results:
- Check your Google index.
To quickly determine whether your site is still in Google index, just perform a Google site search for its entire URL. A search for site:Your Domain
- Make sure Google can find and crawl your site
Crawling is how Google-bot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index. Google crawl process begins with a list of web page URLs, generated from previous crawl processes, and augmented with Sitemap data provided by webmasters. As Google-bot visits each of these websites, it detects links on each page and adds them to its list of pages to crawl. New sites, changes to existing sites, and dead links are noted and used to update the Google index.
- Make sure that Google can index your site
Google bot processes each of the pages it crawls in order to compile a massive index of all the words it sees and their location on each page. In addition, Google process information included in key content tags and attributes, such as title tags and alt attributes
- Make sure your content is useful and relevant
- Understand how users are reaching your site by reviewing your Google analytics
- Understand how Google sees your site. The Keywords page shows the keywords and phrases other sites use when they link to yours. Understanding how other people see your site can help you figure out how best to target your audience.
- Check the HTML suggestions page in Webmaster Tools. Descriptive information in title tags and meta descriptions will give Google good information about the content of your site. In addition, this text can appear in search results pages, and useful, descriptive text is more likely to be clicked on by users.
- Tell the world about your site. Incoming links to your site help Google determine your site’s relevance to the user’s query. Natural links to your site develop as part of the dynamic nature of the web when other sites find your content valuable and think it would be helpful for their visitors.
- Check to see if any of your content has been flagged as adult content by turning off SafeSearch. Google’s Safe-Search filter eliminates sites that contain pornography and explicit sexual content from search results. While no filter is 100% accurate, Safe-Search uses advanced proprietary technology that checks keywords and phrases, URLs, and Open Directory categories.
- Great image content can be an excellent way to generate traffic. We recommend that when publishing images, you think carefully about creating the best user experience you can, and follow our image guidelines.